A Binding Spell will protect you or a loved one from a toxic person. The toxic person could be causing physical harm or emotional harm. Either way, a binding spell will do the trick.
Before we go any further, a word of warning is required here. Be absolutely sure that you are binding this person for the right reasons because your spell could backfire. Do not bind someone in an effort to prevent them from being happy or to punish them for upsetting you. Doing a binding spell in that situation would be more along the lines of hexing someone. And when you hex someone, any harm you do will return to you in some way, shape or form. Now that we’re clear on that, let’s get to it!
Binding Spell Materials
- White cloth
- Scissors, black cotton and a sewing needle
- A representation of the person you are binding (photo, hair, piece of clothing – even their name written on a piece of paper)
- Black cord or ribbon
- Frankincense and Myrrh Incense (make your own and burn with charcoal discs or just burn two sticks pre-made incense)
- A black candle.
Binding Spell Ritual
- Gather all the materials listed above and sit in front of your altar to cast your circle. If you don’t have any altar just find a private place in your home.
- Light your incense.
- Make a poppet using the white cloth, scissors, black cotton and the sewing needle. Cut two identical human shapes from the fabric and stitch them together. It doesn’t have to be perfect or pretty because it’s just a representation. It just needs to represent the human form (one head, two arms and two legs ). Put the representation of the person inside the poppet before you finish sewing the two sides together.
- Light the black candle.
- Pass your finished poppet through the incense smoke and state“Goddess and God. Acknowledge this poppet as the flesh of _________ ” (name of the person being bound).
- Wrap the black ribbon around the poppet. If they are harming people with their words wrap the part of the poppet where the mouth would be. On the other hand if it’s physical violence wrapping the limbs of the poppet first would be more appropriate.
- Wrap the black ribbon around the poppet again.“Goddess and God, bind _________ (person being bound) from doing harm to _________ (person being harmed)“
- Wrap the poppet until there is no black ribbon left.“_________ (person being bound), you are now bound and can no longer do harm to ________ (person being harmed)“.
- Visualise the person as bound. For emotional abuse see them gagged. But for physical violence visualise their hands bound.
- Thank the Goddess and God and close your circle.
Grounding Your Binding Spell
Find an appropriate place to bury your poppet. Somewhere close to where the emotional or physical violence normally occurs would be best. However, if that’s not possible in your front yard can work quite well as it prevents their energy from entering your home.